Friday, June 26, 2009

All in a day: Boy gets 90%, loses house

Bharati Dubey | TNN


Thursday came with not just its share of good and bad news students, but some poignant moments too. Saddam Husain Pathan woke up to find he had achieved a dream score of 90% in his SSC exams. But the same day the 16-year-old was served an eviction notice by the BEST, to vacate the Santa Cruz quarter where he had been staying. “My father, Hasim Pathan, a driver with BEST, died about two years ago of cancer. BEST allowed us to stay in the house for two years and even extended our stay after a March deadline due to my SSC exams. Unfortunately today morning we were asked to vacate it. I am now shifting to Kashimira with my mother and brother.”

The student of Sane Guruji Vidya Mandir in Santa Cruz wants to be an electrical engineer. “I will take admission in science or do a diploma in electrical engineering.”

No comments: